Jun
Filed Under (church, Geekspeak, Work) by Justin on 2008-06-26

I am absolutely, 100% pumped to finally be able to share some incredible news with the blogopshere. I’m joining the IT Team at Granger Community Church! I couldn’t be more excited to work with Jason Powell, Ed Buford, and Matt Metzger. I’ll be the “IT Specialist” – primarily responsible for help desk, but also assisting Ed with network-related things, handling phone system maintenance, and the scariest thing on the job description “other duties as assigned by the IT Director.”

So yes, for those who can’t read between the lines, we’re leaving the comforts of Western North Carolina winters and heading north sometime around August 4th. There’s a ton of emotions involved in leaving behind our family, friends, and everything else we know and love about North Carolina, but God has truly had his hand in this from the very beginning. He has confirmed in at least 100 ways that this is definitelyΒ  our next step in serving Him. Bonnie and I both should be blogging about some of those things soon.

The whole GCC team has been incredible through this entire process. We had an amazing interview weekend in Granger a month or so ago and can’t thank the team enough for what you’ve already done to make us feel welcomed and a part of the family. Jason and his wife Kim have truly gone above and beyond the call of duty and opened their home to us on multiple occassions as we’ve visited the area. Not only do we feel like we’re joining the GCC team, we even feel like we’re an extension of the Powell family! Jason and Kim – we certainly owe you a big, public thank you (and probably some free child care at some point). Thanks a million times over for being so welcoming and supportive during this entire process – I’m not sure we could’ve done it without you!

As I said earlier, we’ll both be writing more about this in the coming weeks leading up to our move, but in the meantime, we could sure use your prayers. Thanks!

Comments

Jami Ruth on 26 June, 2008 at 8:20 am #

Yay! Welcome to the team. πŸ™‚

Ed on 26 June, 2008 at 8:51 am #

Good Times!

Jeanna Miller on 26 June, 2008 at 9:10 am #

Welcome to the team! I’ve heard so much about you and I’m excited to finally meet you soon πŸ™‚

Jeffrey Thompson on 26 June, 2008 at 9:23 am #

Congrats my friend.

Brian Slezak on 26 June, 2008 at 9:49 am #

Woohoo! I think you are off to join a great new family up at GCC Justin. I’m sure God will bless your coming adventure. Congrats, congrats!

Matt Metzger on 26 June, 2008 at 11:17 am #

Welcome to the team justin! I’m looking forward to getting to know you. Hope your move and transition goes smoothly. If you need anything up this way, give me a shout-out.

Sheldon Strause on 26 June, 2008 at 4:55 pm #

WOW What a shock – we never saw this coming :(:(:( Congrats friend . . .

Miss Jefinner on 4 July, 2008 at 11:26 pm #

Woohoo!!! Roadtrip!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ No, seriously… congratulations! Being in God’s will is the perfect place to be, and it sounds like that’s exactly where you are. I couldn’t be happier for you.

By the way, do the people at GCC really know what they’re getting into? They actually seem excited that you are coming. Let me know when the “Getting Rid of You” party is so I can come and celebrate!!! πŸ™‚ Love ya, mean it!

[…] approaching the final days before our big move. As of last Wednesday, the 23rd, our house is no longer OUR house. God has just done amazing things […]