Mar
Filed Under (Life) by Justin on 2006-03-21

I know I’ve got a pretty geographically diverse group of folks reading here – so help me out. Last year, Winn-Dixie closed down it’s operations in our area. A quick trip to winndixie.com shows that the nearest store to me is in Dublin, Georgia – 206 miles away. Is there anyone who has a neighborhood Winn-Dixie store who would be willing to do a little shopping for me? I’ve been craving some Big Sixty cookies recently and will gladly Paypal someone some cash or mail you a check if you’ll send them to me. Pretty please?

Comments

Phil on 2 April, 2009 at 1:38 pm #

just sitting here munching on my lemon tru-blu flower cookies YUMMMY. Waiting in anticipation to open the duplex and chocolate varieties calling my name from my pantry. Any questions??? HMMM??

Gail on 7 April, 2009 at 3:42 pm #

I can’t believe I found other tru blu lovers! I’ve been looking for years – no luck. We used to buy them in Miami, Florida at Winn-Dixie. When I was a little girl, a long time ago, I used to pick them up for an elderly lady and that’s how it all began. when I moved to Philadelphia, PA, my mom used to mail them to me from Miami. After she passed, my dad stocked them for me. Now no one seems to know what a tru blue cookie except you guys. We could start a fan club!

Tony in Cali on 16 April, 2009 at 12:29 pm #

Found Tru-Blu cookies at FoodMaxx in California. They have Vanilla, chocolate and Combined (Chocolate and Vanilla) but no Lemon. I been loking for Lemon Tru-Blu’s.

Carol on 3 May, 2009 at 7:32 pm #

I, too, loved, loved, loved Tru-Blu cookies as a kid. Sadly, I haven’t seen any for the past 10-15 years or so. However, I did stumble upon a decent substitute today. They’re called Nabisco Classics French Vanilla Creme cookies. They have thick vanilla cookies filled a beige/off-whitish vanilla cream that is pretty tasty. The cookie’s texture is a little different from the Tru-Blu in that it’s more cracker-like, but it still has a nice taste and does stir up a little nostalgia for the old Tru-Blu cookies.

Sylvia on 3 May, 2009 at 11:51 pm #

I can’t believe there are so many feening for Tru Blu cookies like I have been for the last umpteen years. I too had the same run-in as Hattie with the receptionist at International Grocers! I spoke with a gentleman that promised to get back to me and NEVER did! You would think the cookies were made of gold or some secret item the way no one wants to give any info. I’m going to contact the store in Cali that Cali Tony recommended. Will let all know what I find afterwards!

virginia mixon on 14 May, 2009 at 10:55 am #

i used to work at craclin good in valdosta ga. i used to back your big sixtys cookies until the plant was sold it dose a heart good to see that people are still craving the cookies and that all our hard work wasnt unapreated thank you for that

Sylvia on 15 May, 2009 at 1:32 am #

Found Tru Blu cookies at FoodMaxx in Sata Rosa. Sad thing is they only get shipments in a few times a year so if you get them, stack up on ’em!

Warren on 17 June, 2009 at 6:45 pm #

The only Tru Blu cookies with which I am familiar are the lemon sandwich ones. I was very disappointed when they disappeared, but kept looking. Today I found them at a local market. The new baker is in Abiline, Texas.

Warren on 20 June, 2009 at 6:38 pm #

I rechecked the store where I bought my lemon cookies, and they also had three other varieties. They buy most of their groceries from wholesaler “Certified Grocers”, as do many small stores. Also, on the package is the address: http://www.fehrfoods.com. Good luck.

Lindsey on 10 July, 2009 at 5:19 pm #

Hello Everyone! I found this website and just thought I would share a little information to you guys! I work at OKTEX BAKING in Marietta, Oklahoma. WE BAKE TRU BLU COOKIES!!!!!!! Our main office is in Abilene, Tx so if you would like to order some, please email me and I will be more than happy to give you the phone number. I have heard alot about Tru Blu cookies and am proud that our product is still being enjoyed!

Lindsey on 10 July, 2009 at 5:20 pm #

I guess it would help if I gave you my email address huh?

lvance@fehrfoods.com

atmore721 on 15 August, 2009 at 10:02 pm #

i really miss big sixty lemon cookies if anyone where they r sold please let me know

Ty on 17 August, 2009 at 10:32 pm #

My Gma lives in Redding and the foodmaxx there carries the vanilla, chocolate and lemon ones. The website for the company that makes them is fehrfoods.com Hope this helps someone. My G-ma just mailed them to me.

ToyToy78 on 27 September, 2009 at 6:06 pm #

Look, I am right there with you dude. I love big sixties. Ours closed 10-12 years ago. And We are in texas, our nearest is Louisiana. We are about to drive 239 for some big sixties. Love em’.

Kim on 12 October, 2009 at 3:51 pm #

Get Your Tru Blu Cookies!!!! Fehr Foods, Inc. is the manufacturer for the Tru Blu Cookies. They are located in Abilene, TX and ships these cookies all around the states. They will only sell in case quantities to consumers if and only if the product is not available in their area. The cases are shipped via UPS Ground and product plus shipping must be prepaid prior to shipping. You can call the Sales Administrator at (325) 691-5425 to get additional information. The plant in Marietta, OK is an extension plant to our Abilene, TX plant and they will be unable to assist you…

melissa james on 21 November, 2009 at 11:11 am #

some one needs to find these big sixty. the last time i had some was in 2004 when a friend found them at , and air force bsae in south carolina.

melissa on 21 November, 2009 at 11:15 am #

some one needs to find these big sixty. the last time i had some was in 2004 when a friend found them at , and airforce base in south carolina.

Michael on 5 March, 2010 at 10:53 pm #

Is this a sign?

MARIA on 20 April, 2010 at 9:58 pm #

OK I HAVE SOME GOOD AND BAD NEWS. I LIVE IN AZ AND HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE TRU BLU COOKIES FOR YEARS.. BUT I COULDNT REMEMBER THE EXACT NAME OF THEM. MY SISTER CAME ACROSS SOME AT FOOD CITY IN PHOENIX AND WE WERE ALL VERY EXITED ONLY TO NOTICE THEY DONT TASTE THE SAME. THE COOKIE ISNT AS SOFT AND THICK AS THE ORIGINAL ONES WERE. THE VANILLA IN THE MIDDLE STILL TASTE THE SAME. I WAS SOOOO DISAPPOINTED. BUT THEY ARE STILL GOOD. GO BUY SOME AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK..

jenny on 3 August, 2010 at 3:23 pm #

I feel ya brother. I would reallllly LOVE some BIG SIXTYS myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cricori on 12 August, 2010 at 2:55 am #

fehrfoods.com look it up for all you trublu fans

Ron on 30 August, 2010 at 1:08 pm #

I have been continue to look for big sixty cookies. I will take any kind at this moment evening thought i prefer vanilla, lemon, duplex. There just not know substitue for them. I will to pay anything to get some.

Thomas Stanley on 30 August, 2010 at 9:35 pm #

OMG! When I was deployed back in 1997 I had my wife mail me , not oreos, not chips ahoy, but BIG SIXTY COOKIES. I miss those dang cookies. LOVED ‘EM!

liz on 24 September, 2010 at 12:13 am #

i ate those cookies abou 1 year ago in california at eh food for less stores but know they dont have them!! Help

Thomas on 9 December, 2010 at 5:11 pm #

Do anyone think I can call a winn dixie that’s still open to see how I can get or order some big sixty cookies? If anyone know of a winn dixie post it on here and I will call it for everybody.

arlettle on 3 January, 2011 at 9:51 pm #

man i am so upset cause i grew up on bib sixtys i like the lemon i thought i wuz the only one it is good to know that there are other big sixty fans i am about to call the winn dixie in dade city and c if they can order me some i will let yall know

LO KING on 13 February, 2011 at 12:22 am #

WOW!!!!!!! I’M NOT ALONE, THIS IS AMAZING. I’M IN TOTAL SHOCK RIGHT NOW.

TIna on 4 April, 2011 at 12:27 am #

I found some that taste very similar at Dollar General. They are made by Clover Valley and they have the vanilla cream and the chocolate vanilla. They look like the same cookie with the same great taste. If they made these in Lemon I will slap my own self. Price : $1.00 for about 40 cookies.

Tracy on 21 May, 2011 at 11:27 pm #

OMG! Has anybody found the Big Sixty Cookies yet? I want some so bad.

Mark on 13 June, 2011 at 2:20 pm #

I too miss Big Sixty cookies. I ate them for nearly 50 years, although not as much near the end (do you know how much fat is in one box?!). I pretty much stuck with the original (I think) duplex cremes. They had the best cream filling ever and the chocolate and vanilla halves were great as well. I always thought I only wanted the vanilla half until the all vanilla came out. One needed the chocolate half to balance out the vanilla half. Ok, I think you get the point… I’m afraid their time is past, however. I don’t think a new bakery could ever make them the way Crackin’ Good Bakery did. But if some bakery does buy the recipe/brand, I’ll be happy to give them a try because I remember one period when I was young when the creme just wasn’t as soft as it could be. So, obviously, the bakers had to constantly tweak everything to make them just right.

Mark on 13 June, 2011 at 2:23 pm #

One other point. Remember when you would find one or two per box with one cookie half flipped so it would imprint the creme with the cookie design? Good times!

Alan on 11 July, 2011 at 9:59 pm #

I live in SC where they closed my local Winn Dixie a few years back, and I went to Daytona Beach and there is a Winn Dixie on Atlantic Ave. I slammed on brakes, swerved in, and ran in on a mission to find the Big 60 that I have been craving for years! I looked down the isle twice and did not see the infamous pinkish color wrapping for my favorite duplex cream. Sadly, I grabbed the Winn Dixie brand and I thought they were good too, although its been so long, I cant tell if they are the original ones.
I tried to ask a couple of the associates, but I knew they were too young to know about them. If anyone finds them, please post where it is.

Brandon on 14 August, 2011 at 3:40 pm #

Im cravin the peanut butter ones

ROB on 19 January, 2012 at 4:35 pm #

wow! big 60, the best cookies ever

zg on 6 February, 2012 at 4:13 pm #

Anyone track down the Lemon flavored Big Sixty cookies, yet?

SWEETZ on 23 March, 2012 at 2:10 pm #

LORD HAVE MERCY I’M NOT ALONE!!!

Natasha on 4 June, 2012 at 11:32 am #

Big 60 we all dream about and loved so much has been discontinued some time ago. I was just having flashbacks and cravings for some.

I loved them all.

Rigo on 21 August, 2012 at 1:17 pm #

Hey Tru Blue Lovers, I found TruBlue cookies at 99cents Stores in El Centro , CA.

sadly they donĀ“t carry the Lemon ones ;( , but hey! Two out of three aint bad!!

jamie on 25 September, 2012 at 6:38 pm #